DONATIONS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Ever since learning about the therapeutic applications of psychedelic medicines, experiencing life-changing perspective shifts from this approach myself, and observing countless others transform when using these tools intentionally, I've been highly motivated to explore how our Alabama community can come together to expand local access to psychedelic therapies.
Thank You Life is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that's equally passionate about making sure anyone who may benefit from this approach can access it. Their mission is to raise funds from generous donors and philanthropists, like you, and then offer scholarships to individuals who cannot afford psychedelic assisted therapies.
To accelerate their fundraising process and offer direct assistance to local communities, Thank You Life is collaborating with a select group of practitioners and clinics offering psychedelic assisted therapies, and our community is now included! This wonderful charity has created a local scholarship fund that's reserved exclusively for members of our local Alabama community who are looking for help with longstanding mental health challenges.
If you're considering donating to a worthy cause, your money will directly help struggling individuals in our area access these services. As Thank You Life is a non-profit organization that runs on donations, the amount they can help directly correlates with the amount of resources they receive, and I'm hopeful that through your generosity, and the support of others in our community, that we will be able to create opportunities to experience this therapeutic approach for those who need it most.
You can DONATE TODAY by clicking below, or you can read ahead for further details! Thanks so much for considering this!
WHAT IS THANK YOU LIFE?
– Thank You Life is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the goal of 'revolutionizing mental healthcare and helping the world heal by eliminating the financial barriers to psychedelic therapy.'
They do this by providing financial assistance to help individuals pay for psychedelic assisted therapy.
– In order to achieve this goal and provide financial assistance, however, they need donations! Donations can be as little as $10, or a recurring monthly amount of $10-15. Donations can also be much larger if you (or the company you work for) are in a position to contribute substantial resources to fully finance one or many clients through this powerful therapeutic approach.
Because Thank You Life is a 501(c)(3) charity organization, all donations can be written off at tax time.
HOW DOES THE FUND WORK?
– Thank You Life has launched an initiative where they serve as financial sponsors of individual practices and clinics offering psychedelic assisted therapies. This way, individual psychedelic assisted therapy practices can help raise funds from their local communities, and all donors can feel confident about where and how their donations are being used.
– All contributions are collected by Thank You Life and set aside only to be used by local clients that I will be working with. Once we raise sufficient funds, Thank You Life will offer scholarships for Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy to Alabama clients in need.
The more resources we have available, the more scholarships we can offer!
IS THERE A NEED FOR THIS?
– In the first 18 months of offering Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy, 450 people completed my waitlist survey to work together. This number continues to grow as more of us become educated about this form of therapy. Such a significant response indicates (1.) a major shortage in therapists offering psychedelic assisted therapies in our state and (2.) a huge need for greater access to these services.
Unfortunately, a large percentage of individuals who filled out this survey noted that they are in dire need of novel and effective mental health services but cannot afford the cost of this therapy. It has broken my heart to read these responses – describing gut-wrenching circumstances and years of feeling stuck with more traditional offerings within our current mental health system – and not be able to work with every single person.
I have done my absolute best to adapt to the needs of our community and offer these services to as many people as possible, and with more scholarship funds available, it would be feasible to help many more.
HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN SPONSORSHIPS BEFORE?
– In early 2022, Thank You Life and I teamed up to launch the Alabama Psychedelic Therapy Fund as a preliminary, time-bound effort to raise funds for scholarships. Later in 2022, we collaborated to provide sponsorships for two clients for a full course of four Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy sessions.
It was really incredible to to be able to offer these scholarships in 2022, and I hope that with your help, this is only the beginning!
With this ongoing community fundraising effort in place, my hope is that generous people like you will find this page and contribute to our scholarship fund so we can expand access to this therapy!
WHERE WILL MY DONATIONS GO?
– 90% of every donation dollar will be put into a local scholarship fund that will be available to use for people in need of psychedelic assisted therapy services in our Alabama community.
– The remaining 10% will go to Thank You Life to cover miscellaneous operating costs so they can continue growing as an organization.
CAN MY COMPANY SPONSOR THANK YOU LIFE?
Thank You Life has a corporate sponsorship program, which may be a great fit if your organization is interested in publicly or privately supporting access to innovative and effective tools to address our mental health crisis. If your business is also looking for a charity to donate to as a tax write-off, this would be another excellent opportunity.
You can read more about their corporate sponsorship program HERE.
WHY CAN'T PSYCHEDELIC ASSISTED THERAPY BE OFFERED FOR FREE?
– I've written more about why this therapy costs what it costs – and extensive efforts I've taken to make this therapy more accessible – on this Frequently Asked Questions page HERE.
– While I continue to offer sliding scale rates, have provided pro bono services when I've been able to afford it, and would absolutely do this job for free if the world we lived in wasn't expensive, these are professional services that unfortunately necessitate financial exchange— much like any other occupation. Particularly with psychedelic assisted therapies, this work requires significant additional and ongoing trainings, and other expenses, to continue developing these efforts in Alabama and providing these services at the highest standards possible.
In order to expand access to psychedelic work in our area, my time is also now divided between engaging in therapy sessions and pursuing unpaid projects with the intent of creating more opportunities for our community to learn about and engage in constructive psychedelic work for personal growth. My hope is that these efforts will lead to increased access on a larger scale. The drawback, however, is that this balance of time and energy limits the amount of services I'm able to offer to those who cannot afford the lowest sliding scale rate for Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy without the type of scholarships that Thank You Life provides.
– The mission of Thank You Life centers around the idea that anyone who needs access to this form of therapy should be able to access it AND that clinicians should get paid for their time, energy, and expertise.
In an ideal world, we might hope insurance companies or other public services could readily satisfy both needs, and I remain optimistic that we can collectively move towards these ambitions in the future. Fortunately, Thank You Life is working to fill this much-needed gap presented by our current mental health system and culture, and they are doing this right now, when we need it most.
I fully support their vision and hope you do too!
WHO ELSE IS INVOLVED?
– Thank You Life is leading the way with expanding access to psychedelic assisted therapies, and they have collaborated with some truly incredible organizations around the country!
Being connected to their organization and included in this local-donation program is truly an honor. Not only is Thank You Life's vetting process quite thorough, with barely over 50 partnerships across the country and only six in the South (as of November 2023), but the intentional use of psychedelic medicines in a therapeutic context can be truly life changing for people, and I love that there may be new opportunities for more struggling individuals to try this approach.
You can check out their map of providers HERE and watch as this number grows in the coming years!
IS THERE A FUNDING GOAL?
– As someone who often dreams big in an idealistic way, it would really amazing if somehow an angel donor, or sponsoring company, offered several million dollars to Thank You Life so we could sponsor many, many clients indefinitely! Not only in Alabama, but around the country.
– Dialing back this utopian hope a little bit, however, it would be really incredible if we could sponsor just one person.
At the lowest sliding scale rate, a full course of treatment with four Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy sessions, plus preparation and integration sessions, costs $4,270 to cover 26 clinical hours, an appointment with a collaborating prescriber, and the cost of Ketamine itself. To help launch this fundraising initiative, if we can raise an even $2,000, I will 'match' every donation by lowering my rate so that we can provide a full sponsorship for this treatment to someone who may benefit from it!
FIRST GOAL: $2,000
DONATIONS RECEIVED: $25
SCHOLARSHIPS TO BE OFFERED: 1
SECOND GOAL: $2,000,000
DONATIONS RECEIVED: $25
SCHOLARSHIPS TO BE OFFERED: 400
THIRD GOAL: $2,000,000,000
DONATIONS RECEIVED: $25
SCHOLARSHIPS TO BE OFFERED: 400,000
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
– If you or the company you work for are in a position to financially contribute, I hope you're able to click on the donate button below and pave the way for expanded access to psychedelic assisted therapies in Alabama!
Based on an overwhelming response from the waitlist survey, it's already clear that the demand for financial assistance with this therapy this approach far surpasses the amount of funding available for sponsorships. I hope that with your help we can change this and allow more struggling people to access these powerful tools for deep healing, personal growth, and a gradual shift towards a healthier, sturdier world!
Please consider DONATING TODAY!